Sunday, November 22, 2015

Driven to Distraction

I have not had much time of late to devote to things Hamlet.  The burdens of work have kept me from being able to sit with a full-scale production or a piece of writing longer than a short passage.  With the Thanksgiving holiday very near (and Christmas break just about one month away), I look forward to getting back to Hamlet and other Shakespearean delights.

When I do, one of the first things could be a book that I picked up late in the summer:  Sweet Prince:  The Passion of Hamlet by Douglas Brode.  A novel about the characters, it was recommended, although not entirely positively.  The tagline on the rear cover--"Was Hamlet gay?"--perhaps should dissuade me.  In any event, the book is there, perched among many on my "To Read" list.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment